Workations have grown in popularity recently, but what do they actually entail? Let’s have a look…
What is a Workation?
A workation (sometimes spelled workcation) is a working vacation (in the UK it might be called a workoliday, or a woliday?)
Combining work and vacation, it involves working while away from the office, blending leisure time with productive time. This definition from HR Technologist is pretty spot-on:
“A workation is a vacation that allows you to work remotely while integrating elements of leisure that let you unwind, relax and be more productive.”
The main idea is that you take a vacation away from the workplace, but not from the work itself. They’ve been introduced at many firms that focus on employee well-being and alternative ways to increase long-term productivity.
And for the self-employed it’s a no-brainer. The chance to work from somewhere calm and peaceful – away from the shared kitchen table or sofa.
They’re becoming more popular these days not just due to current circumstances and cultural changes but also the technology enabling them – laptops, project management software, messaging and teleconferencing platforms that all aid remote work.
What are the benefits of a workation?
There are many reasons why workations grow in popularity. Let’s have a look at some of the greatest advantages:
- Taking a workation gives you a chance to get a change of scenery. You get to enjoy a fun new place during your nights, weekends and lunches.
- The change of scenery and routine is a great way to get new inspirations and motivation, and help refresh your creativity & outlook on the world. That’s definitely a good thing.
- Looking at your job from a different perspective can show ways to improve it.
- It can lower your stress level without going on a holiday.
- You can escape unwanted seasons, e.g. cold winter.
- Research show that remote workers are more productive.
Why have a workation at La Calade?
Here at La Calade we are well set up for workationers.
- We have high speed internet throughout La Calade including the garden
- There are various comfortable, quiet places to sit and work
- There many charging points so you can use your laptop anywhere
- We offer discounts for longer stays
- So many fantastic restaurants and cafes nearby for your lunch breaks
- Plenty of places to visit within a short drive for you to fill your free-time
So you don’t need to sit at a desk in a dull office – you can sit on our sunny terrace under the shade of the big lime tree, listening to the breeze in the neighbouring palm trees!
You don’t need to host Zoom meetings from your lap on the sofa at home, you can set yourself up in our beautiful loft-style lounge!
You don’t have to spend your evenings watching Netflix – you can head to the beach or go for a stroll through the vineyards!
And there are a whole host of ideas for nearby places to visit during your time off in our blog
So if you want to see some new scenery a workation at La Calade really could be a good idea!
Send us an email to [email protected] now to find out more
Or look at our beautiful rooms here